Thursday, August 28, 2008

LEGEND of the HONEY YETI

My mind is very much like the opposite of the Magic 8-Ball. Shake it up a little bit and instead of getting answers, it spits out questions. I am then left in a state of nervousness and anxiety until I can track down at least a reasonable hypothesis. The burning question this week was: Do bumble bees make honey? Wasps don't, I was pretty sure, but bumble bees seem to me very much the cousins of honey bees, so I suspected they might. And after a ferocious amount of research (i.e. one well executed google search), I have confirmed that (1) Bumble Bees do produce honey, (2) but not in sufficient quantities to be commercially viable, and (3) that it has been described in taste from "nasty" to "sweet". 
BZZZZZZZZZZ... err, I mean BUMBLEBUMBLE...
I have also heard whispers on the wind that tell of a giant bumble bee that lives only in the most remote mountain ranges and feeds exclusively on the honey of peasants! The ABUMBLEABLE SNOWBEE!

No comments: